Friday, May 23, 2008

"Is He Ordering God to
Revive Him?" (Part 6)
Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. [34] Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. [35] Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight. [36] Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. [37] Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken (revive) Thou me in thy way. [38] Stablish Thy word unto Thy servant, who is devoted to Thy fear. [39] Turn away my reproach which I fear: for Thy judgments are good. [40] Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts: quicken (revive) me in Thy righteousness.
Psalm 119:33-40
--------------------------------------------------------

Turn away my reproach which I fear: for Thy judgments are good. Psalm 119:39
--------------------------------------------------------
Pray with me:
Father, TURN my ATTENTION away from the consequences of my sin. I’m fully aware that they are sure to come, for it was You who rightly said, “A man shall reap what he sows.” My sin has given room for Your enemies to vilify and darken Your great and mighty name. My iniquity has caused me great shame and disgrace. But You have dealt with me in regards to this sin, and Your judgments toward me are right and good, and I praise You for Your love and chastening favor. I know You have forgiven me. You have also freed me of the guilt of my crime. Lord, help me with my past and the constant pressure that it brings to my mind. Your righteous judgments are precious and Your forgiveness is forever. The hounds of hell are taking advantage of my sin, the problems within my family are a daily reminder of my rebellion, and the life I lived is only a product of my transgressions, but now I see that I'm free to love and live for You. I only ask, my Father, grant unto me Your fear and cause this sure reproach to pass under my minds eye that I will not pity myself nor make any more provision for my flesh during this dreadful harvest of my own corruption. Please let me hear Your voice. Break up the fallow ground of my heart and consume my mind with sowing seeds of righteousness that I can reap your mercy while I reap the consequences of my sin. Cause Your loving-kindness and forgiveness to be what I FOCUS on --- Father, ENRAPTURE my mind, my heart, and my eyes with You and Your matchless gift of grace through Jesus Christ, I’m at your mercy.

No comments: