Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A Song of degrees.
Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in His ways.  For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.  Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.  Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the Lord.  The Lord shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.  Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.
Message: A Reminder to Remember: It did not start with us and it must not stop with us!!!
Text: 2 Tim. 2:1-6
Preaching: Nick Holden of Truth Impacts Ministries
This message was preached during a preachers conference in Louisiana in August 2008. It will help you understand the agenda of grace in the teaching and preaching ministries. You can also listen to a message on GodTube or at www.truthimpacts.blogspot.com by Nick Holden that deals with praying before you correct: Four Things to Pray for Before Correcting Someone with the Truth. Visit us at www.truthimpacts.org
2 Tim. 2:1-6 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.  And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.  And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.  The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
"Preachers must spend quality time in their kitchen (study) if they're going to be used of the Lord to serve His people a healthy spread of God's heavenly feast."
- Make sure Jesus is your main course.
- Let your life experiences serve as your spices.
- Use only the Bible as your cooking guide.
- Ensure you seek your Heavenly Father and give Him all the credit for everything.
- Allow the flames of the Holy Spirit to do its perfect work as it tastefully permeates the spices into the main course.
- Serve it with delight and joy on the priceless dishes of redemptive grace, and with the silverware of eternal mercy.
- See to it that your table is of rough wood and filled with splinters. A table that reminds them of Calvary. One that only the empty, the hungry, the humble, the needy, the brokenhearted, the hopeless, and all the helpless sinners of this world, would be drawn to, as they come face to face with the reality of their sin and death, and His righteousness and life, as they feast upon what YOU have prepared in YOUR KITCHEN!
- Feed the sheep!!!
- Free the sinners!!!
- Do not cook for their applause or money but for the GLORY of God!!!!
Preachers have fun in the kitchen.