Friday, May 16, 2008

"Is He Ordering God to
Revive Him?"
(Part 3)
Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. [34] Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. [35] Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight. [36] Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. [37] Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken (revive) Thou me in thy way. [38] Stablish Thy word unto Thy servant, who is devoted to Thy fear. [39] Turn away my reproach which I fear: for Thy judgments are good. [40] Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts: quicken (revive) me in Thy righteousness.
Psalm 119:33-40
------------------------
If this man, as passionate as he is for the Lord, can still ask for revival, because he knows he's not in revival, why are we not asking with such desperation?
------------------------
Pray with me as I ask the Lord to do what this man commanded the Lord to do.(Yes! He commanded the Lord with nine imperatives to act. Why did he command Him? He's a desperate man at the mercy of the Lord!)
-----------
Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. Psalm 119:36
Pray with me:
Father, INCLINE my heart toward the undeniable evidence of Your handiwork. My heart must be bent like a bow when it is masterly strung. Lord, I'm prone to wonder after the emptiness of silver and everything that glitters. Bend my heart for Your pleasure and purpose. Shape my life to shoot straight and be in agreement with You. I want to be a man in step with You, so I can do all Your will and serve my generation well. Mold my mind in such a way that I can live in this world without being influenced by it, and be Your man to bear witness to the overwhelming evidence of Your faithfulness to supply our every need in Christ Jesus. Lord, I do not want to be caught up with things or the dangerous flow of this society --- Father, work on me, INCLINE my heart, I'm at Your mercy!
Join me tomorrow as we continue to pray for revival.

No comments: