Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Is He Ordering God to
Revive Him?"
(Part 2)

Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. [34] Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. [35] Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight. [36] Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. [37] Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken (revive) Thou me in thy way. [38] Stablish Thy word unto Thy servant, who is devoted to Thy fear. [39] Turn away my reproach which I fear: for Thy judgments are good. [40] Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts: quicken (revive) me in Thy righteousness. Psalm 119:33-40

If this man, as passionate as he is for the Lord, can still ask for revival, because he knows he's not in revival, why are we not asking with such desperation?
Pray with me as I ask the Lord to do what this man commanded the Lord to do.
(Yes! He commanded the Lord with nine imperatives to act. Why did he command Him? He's a desperate man at the mercy of the Lord!)
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. Psalm 119:35

Pray with me:
Father, MAKE me the object of Your divine prerogative. Do with me as You please but forever lead me, as my Lord and Master, into Your path which is the delight of both of our hearts. This, my Father, is where Your love and blessings are centered and clearly manifested. Do whatever it takes to MAKE me, most wonderful Master, long for the beauty and bounty of the course Your commandments will take me on. Do not, my God, loosen my restraints or relinquish me to exit Your path, but I order You today to hedge me in on every side and ensure I walk with You --- Father, MAKE it happen, I’m at Your mercy!
Join me tomorrow as we continue to pray for revival.

No comments: