Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Is He Ordering God to
Revive Him?"
(Part 1)
Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. [34] Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. [35] Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight. [36] Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. [37] Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken (revive) Thou me in thy way. [38] Stablish Thy word unto Thy servant, who is devoted to Thy fear. [39] Turn away my reproach which I fear: for Thy judgments are good. [40] Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts: quicken (revive) me in Thy righteousness. Psalm 119:33-40
If this man, as passionate as he is for the Lord, can still ask for revival, because he knows he's not in revival, why are we not asking with such desperation?

Pray with me as I ask the Lord to do what this man commanded the Lord to do.
(Yes! He commanded the Lord with nine imperatives to act. Why did he command Him? He's a desperate man at the mercy of the Lord!)

Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. Psalm 119:33
Pray with me:
Father, TEACH me the way I’m to walk. I want my life to bless Your holy name. If You do not SHOW me Your ways I’m no good to You or Your people. Your statutes are right because You are always right. They’re rooted in Your perfection, and the direct result of Your most excellent will; therefore TEACH me what is right and just, You are my Judge. Father, reveal to me how these statutes point to You and describe Your unchanging character, and I will protect and preserve them in honor of You --- Teach Father, I’m Yours and Your mine, I’m at Your mercy!



Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Psalm 119:34
Pray with me:
Father, unless you bless by GIVING me the supernatural ability to understand Your law I will fail to love You and Your people properly. GIVE me what I need to love people like You. Help me know and recognize the authority and accuracy of Your law, so when I miss Your mark of perfection I will understand my sin and turn my heart to You. GIVE me Your law of love and in love I will set my whole heart and my mind on seeing Your law exalted and exercised in our land --- Give Father, I’m on my knees, I’m at Your mercy!
Join me tomorrow as we continue to pray for revival.

No comments: