Sunday, June 22, 2008

Message: "Not Finishing Well: A Step in the WRONG Direction"

Message: "Not Finishing Well: A Step in the WRONG Direction"

Text: 2 Chron. 34:28 Behold, I will gather thee to thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered to thy grave in peace, neither shall thine eyes see all the evil that I will bring upon this place, and upon the inhabitants of the same. So they brought the king word again.

13 Years Later: (We must trust God's Word when our circumstances look unfavorable, and especially when our counselor's advice causes us to question the specific promises of God.)

2 Chron. 35:20-23 After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Charchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him. [21] But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, What have I to do with thee, thou king of Judah? I come not against thee this day, but against the house wherewith I have war: for God commanded me to make haste: forbear thee from meddling with God, who is with me, that he destroy thee not. [22] Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself, that he might fight with him, and hearkened not unto the words of Necho from the mouth of God, and came to fight in the valley of Megiddo. [23] And the archers shot at king Josiah; and the king said to his servants, Have me away; for I am sore wounded.

Preaching: Nick Holden at FBC Lauderdale, Lauderdale, Ms. in July 2006

No comments: