Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hearing from the Lord...

Three questions we should ask Jesus, each and every morning, as we seek His face in prayer, spend time in His word and present ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice. (Romans 12:1-2)

1. Jesus, what am I to trust You for today?
2. Jesus, what promises should I cling to today?
3. Jesus, what mission am I to accomplish for You today?

This is a great way to start each day.

We need to know, and we should want to know, the answer to all three before we interact with this world we live in. The following passages will help us see the need to seek, believe and obey His will for our lives daily. (Rom. 10:17 ; Heb. 11:6-7 ; Psalm 143:6-8 ; Heb. 12:1-5 ; Proverbs 3:5-6)

I should know...
1. What I'm trusting Jesus for today.
2. What promises I'm clinging to today.
3. What missions I'm to accomplish today.

How will I pleases Him today, if I don't have a living word from Him to walk in today?

There is no such thing as "accidental obedience," because there is no way to "accidentally please" the Lord. The only way to please Him is by faith... and faith only comes by hearing, and that hearing by the word of God. And yesterday, even earlier this morning, is gone, later toady has not come yet...so the only time we have to bless, please and obey the Lord is right NOW!

David understood that unless he heard from God in the MORNING he would be as useless as a dead man and of no value to anyone that he came in contact with through out the day. Listen to what he said in Psalm 143:6-8...

"I stretch forth my hands to The:my soul thirsts after Thee, as a dry and parched land. Selah. Answer me quickly, O Lord: my spirit is failing: hide not Thy face from me, for fear I be as useless as them that have died and are buried in the earth. Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the MORNING; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way that I'm supposed walk; for I lift up my soul to Thee."

Help us Lord live with a thirsty heart for You, and understand how useless we are apart from hearing Your voice and Your ways from day to day?

Have fun seeking, believing and obeying Jesus today!!!

No comments: